Well we have officially reached that point where I am more than ready for my Christmas decorations to go away. While I love my decorations and am absolutely delighted to see it come out of their boxes and be distributed throughout my house, I find that four weeks of delight is enough. Put the
crap er heirlooms away until next year when I’ll be happy to see them again.
Things have been just a little too hectic around here for me to actually stop and contemplate the transition from 2011 to 2012. Frankly, it was a quick toast at midnight, hugs all around, a kiss for hubs and then I couldn’t wait for the family to get out. Seriously. I had the kitchen lights off and was literally clicking off the Christmas Tree lights while shooing my inlaws out the door. I did for decency sake wait until they started their car before I flicked off the outside lights but barely. I don’t know why but having the family over this year really got on my nerves.
A Year in Review
When I look back at 2011, it’s hard not to focus on the negative so I am going to sit here and try to come up with positives.
- We are all healthy.
- E got to learn a dance routine and perform on a real stage in a real theatre.. finally.
- While we didn’t get to Disneyland or Alberta, we did manage to get in two camping trips which were a lot of fun.
- All three of my children learned to ride their bikes without training wheels.
- I got a great new haircut.
- We had a great summer playing in the pool
- We won two gift certificate to really nice restaurants in our area
- We joined a new Church, which we are really enjoying;
- I learned how to throw my first pot and discovered a new passion
- The girls started a new school in September which has been amazingly supportive.
- I started selling on Amazon which gives me some spending money.
- I lost 20 pounds (So I gained a few back, I still lost 20)
As for what we’d like to to in 2012 well the list is rather long
- Go to Disneyland
- Go up the mountain and take the kids tobaggoning
- Paint our house
- Do some necessary renovations on our house
- Possibly sell and buy a new home
- Get our business in a better financial position
- Improve our own finances
- Love our kids more
- Play more with our kids
- Yell less
- Lose weight
- Improve our physical fitness, I d’ like to get on my treadmill on a regular basis and do some yoga and pilates to help our backs.
- Get our kids to either eat more iron rich foods or take a multivitamin consistently.
- I’d like to finish one of my stories and submit it for publishing.
- Write more., Blog More, read more blogs
- Knit more, crochet more, craft more
- Find more time for myself
- Watch less t.v. doing nothing.
What are your New Years Resolutions?