Tuesday, September 29, 2009
One thing that doesn't always translate well online is humour. Sometimes it's hard to read between the lines and get the little sly joke that may be in there. Which is probably why I use "lol" so frequently in comments. Some days I feel like I've regressed to a teenage girl stuck in the "valley". Like OMG, gag me with a spoon, like no way. I soooooo did not sound like that blahblahblah many years ago.
Now, of course, those of you who read my posts on How to Torture your Husband know that I possess a slightly warped sense of humour. But what else?
Well, I don't like slapstick but appreciate a sense of the bizarre. I can enjoy a good risque joke but not to the point of over the top vulgarity and especially not when some old man is trying to tell me a risque joke. Blah. I don't like those Jack@ss shows where some guy does stupid tricks.
I especially love British Humour and all other forms of dry wit and sarcasm. The British are famous for it. ;)
So I thought maybe I'd share some of the things that I've discovered online that make me laugh. This video is one of them. Now, I have to warn you it is a little risque so if you are easily offended, please skip this video. If you have a decent sense of humour though, you will find this funny. Still... don't say I didn't warn you. ;)
Monday, September 28, 2009
- an invisibelt
- Belli Skin Care Smoothing Body Exfoliator
- Belli Skin Care all day moisturizing lottion
- Victoria Secret delicate detergent wash
- Miss Oops Pedicure in a Bottle
- Burt Bees Lipbalm
Friday, September 25, 2009
Ever since my daughter learned about the hot lunch program in kindergarten, she's been eagerly anticipating being old enough to participate. Now let's be clear here, the hot lunch I speak of is nothing more than a fundraiser by the PAC, is delivered once a week for $3.50 and consists of either pizza from a local pizza place (Panago) or a hot dog.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
If you’d like to play and this is your first time visiting - or your first time playing - here’s what you do:
1. Grab our button, located in the sidebar to the right
2. Choose your Top Ten topic (or use ours!)
3. Write up your list and post it on your blog
4. Visit this week's host andLink up!
Easy peasy, right? Well, what are you waiting for? Let’s play!
I watched the Bucket List sometime ago and found myself enjoying it despite the somewhat sad premise. In case you haven't watched the movie, a Bucket List is a list that one would make of all the things they'd like to accomplish before they kicked the bucket so to speak.
It made me really think about the things that I would want to do if I knew I only had so much time left. Then, of course, it made me think... why would I wait until I had a death sentence before I fulfilled this list?
- Spend as much time as possible exploring England. I especially would like to visit London, Bath and Brighton. The scenes of so many of Jane Austen's novels.
- Take Singing Lessons and sing in front of an audience, at least once.
- Take pottery lessons and make as much God awful ugly pottery as I can to leave behind
- Go with my entire family to someplace really fun like Disneyland and then visit all the famous family type parks throughout the world and just really have a blast with them.
- I'd like to see the pyramids in Egypt.
- I'd like to name a star after each one of my children.
- Visit Prince Edward Island and the fabled home of Anne of Green Gables.
- I'd like to write a novel and have it published.
- I'd love to go to a really formal swanky dressed up party, a black tie affair.
- I'd love to walk the red carpet just once like the movie stars do... maybe to the Oscars.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Apparently they had asked 30 well known bloggers from around the web to participate in a 21 day Gratitude Challenge. Apparently, the results were amazing.
I was intrigued because let's face it, who of us doesn't need to have a little more gratitude and appreciation in their life. So I watched the video.
It made me really think about my life and the things I should be grateful for. If you'd like more information visit The Gratitude Challenge. If you feel like participating there is not only a calendar you can download to get you started but there is also a widget so you can put it up on your blog. I think I just may do this for myself and for my family. I need a little more uplifting in my life these days.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
It's a grey day. Literally. The sky is grey so outside is pretty grey looking and even my home is grey without lights. I hate having the lights on during the day but our place is just so dreary in semidarkness. Is the summer really over? I think it's well on the way to being fall soon. The demise of another summer.
Monday, September 14, 2009
So this weekend we went to the fall fair to my husband's old home town. We went last year and really enjoyed it so we decided to go back again. Only this time we took O with us as we had no sitting for him.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Thursday, September 10, 2009
1. Pride and Prejudice - the A&E six h
2. Bridget Jone's Diary - Just a wonderful feel good chick flick and not only Hugh Grant is in it, but also my all time fav hunk, Colin Firth.
4. Gran Torino - An amazing Clint Eastwood movie. Gritty and raw.
5. Joe vs. the Volcano - an oldy but a goody with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. Cute and funny.
6. Sliding Doors - Absolutely love this movie. It just cracks me up and makes me cry and feel good all at the same time (and you know how I hate to cry). Plus I'd so love to be Gywneth Paltrow. ;0)
7. Love Song for Bobby Long - An amazing movie starring John Travolta. Never heard
8. The Baker - a British Comedy about a hitman who ends up hiding out in a bakery only to be mistaken by the locals for the real baker so he suddenly has to learn how to... bake. Plus there is this amazing sex scene involving baked goods. (Jennifer, I know you're going to want to check it out ;) Just about rivals 9 1/2 weeks.
9. The Count
10. The Stand - A Stephen King movie based on his novel about a super bug that kills
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
* Each Superior Scribbler I name today must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
* Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
* Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
*Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visitThis Post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
*Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Monday, September 7, 2009
Friday, September 4, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Mom Central is not only a great resource site for Moms for everything under the sun but right now it is also Giveaway Central for Back to School.
Win a set of Mommy and Me necklaces (Open to US)
Win a set of Toddler Snacks from Plum Organics (Open to US)
Win Plum Organics Baby Food (Open to US)
Win a Jeep 2-in-1 Booster Seat (Open to US and Canada)
Win an All-in-One Printer from Lexmark (Open to US and Canada)
Win a $75 Gift Card to The Children's Place (Open to US and Canada)
Win Fruitabu Organic Fruit Snacks (Open to US)
Win Green Works Glass Cleaner (Open to US)
Win Green Works Laundry Detergent and Stain Remover (Open to US)
Win $1000 for You and $1000 for Your Favorite Charity with the Dole Bowl-a-Day Giveaway (Note: Link will take you off Momcentral.com. Open to US. Enter by October 2.)
So what are you waiting for?