So we had a phone call from our new realtor last night. Had I mentioned we switched realtors recently? If not, well we did. Not that I think we could blame our previous realtor for the house not selling because the market is what it is. On the other hand we needed a fresh start and since we switched we've had about 6 showings in a week and a half. Yeah. Lots of cleaning but it has also been nice because the house has not had a chance to get too terribly messy.
So the realtor calls us to tell us that he had heard back from the people who went through our house (through their realtor of course) and that realtor said they are going to make an offer but are waiting until tomorrow (today).
Could it be? They've only seen the house once but they spent a good half hour going through the house while we were out in the backyard. Oh I am so hoping this is it. But given that my husband inflates things (both in a good and bad ways) it's hard to rely on his wording and what he may have read into the conversation. After all, most of the feedback we get is that they like the house and are going to think about it.
I hope not. I hope this is it. It's getting down to crunch time with E going back to school and FIL's surgery coming up.
There is still the matter of my business as the realtor for that thinks we should get at least a one year lease in place before trying to market the business for sale. Agh. I do not want to commit to that. Last winter was really bad and I don't want to turn it into me being the one to commute all the time. Yii.
So anyways. Cast up a prayer or two for us, cross your fingers and toes and really, really hope with me that this is it. I cannot wait to get organizing and packing especially since Organize with Sandy was so lovely as to give me some tips.
Have a great weekend all.